« Berlin To Cologne | Main | Halfway Across The Atlantic »

June 1, 2007 02:44 PM

A Guest Post From Jonathan...

Ryan and JonAMSTERDAM, THE NETHERLANDS - Tonight is Ryan and I's last night together. He leaves in the morning to London by train and I leave Sunday aboard an airplane for Toronto. We'll make the most of it. So far Amsterdam has been very good to us.

We met up in Prague 12 days ago. We've spent time in Prague, Berlin, Koln and here in Amsterdam. It's been really great traveling with Ryan seeing how he is both a great friend and a pro-traveler. He has become seasoned over the last 20 months; North America, Central America, The Pacific, Southeast Asia, Asia, and Europe. He'll be back in Toronto soon enough, so parting wont be so bad. Next time I see him (in about 10 days), we'll both be in the real world.

I've gone 2.6% around the world without taking a plane. It was amazing. Ryan will have done it all. I am very proud of him and look forward to having him back.

-jonathan

Comments

Fagman said:

Who is this guy! No more guest posts!

June 1, 2007 04:27 PM
Patrick said:

Welcome in Holland, hope you're having the best time here;) How come you take the plane back and not the cruise that you planned? Have fun!

cya

//Patrick (Netherlands)

June 1, 2007 06:46 PM
Patrick said:

ow, I already see, Ryan didn't make the post... sorry lol... Have fun in england Ryan;)

June 1, 2007 06:48 PM
Ray said:

Hey Ryan,

it is almost surreal...the fact that I remember you telling us all that you were planning this trip, and now you are in the home stretch. What do you have planned for when you return?

Take it easy, and have a safe return,
Ray

June 4, 2007 11:32 AM
Matt (English guy from Berlin) said:

Hi guys,

Good to read that you both survived your train journeys from Berlin and you're doing well. Plus this is a really cool site. I especially enjoyed the piece on the Frank Zappa monument!

Good to meet you both

Travel and live well
Matt

June 4, 2007 03:20 PM
Andrew said:

It's a shame you missed Vancouver in your travels, but I guess there were a few more exotic places to see.

It's been a blast following (stalking) your adventure.

Good luck with the next plan.

Andrew