« Happy Holidays | Main | On The Road Again »

January 4, 2007 01:16 PM

CTV News Television Interview

ALGOMA MILLS - Earlier today Gord Nicholls from CTV News in Sudbury, Ontario made a visit to my parents house to do a general interest story about this trip. He did an interview and had a cameraman shoot a couple things around the house. The story is set to air tonight between 6:00 and 6:15pm through the Northern Ontario region. I'm also told that depending on how many planes crash and how many countries overthrow their governments today there is a chance that other regions could air the story as well. So if you live in the North Bay, Timmins, Sault Ste. Marie, Sudbury area keep one eye on tonights evening news. It's my minute and a half of fame.

As I prepare to head back to Southeast Asia to pick up the trail where I left off (Bangkok), I've deliberately kept a low profile here. I'll be posting from the road again on Monday the 8th.

Comments

Sally said:

Congratulations Ryan!!!

January 4, 2007 02:35 PM
Christian said:

All the best for you on the road in '07, Ryan. I look forward to your posts from the road and for once wished I lived in North Bay, Timmins, Sault Ste. Marie or even Sudbury. Enjoy the spot light.

C

January 4, 2007 03:39 PM
Jonathan said:

Something's wrong... I went to ctv.ca and you weren't listed as a "top story."

Bizarre.

January 4, 2007 10:43 PM
catherine said:

hey there,
saw your story on the noon news today. way to go doing something lots dont understand. good luck in your travels. they will be your stories for life! im in sudbury and if you ever wanna chat feel free to email me.. but im sure you'll be busy on the road! take care safe travels!
catherine

January 5, 2007 12:21 PM
ashley said:

Hey Ryan,

I saw the story last night on the news in Sudbury. That may have been 2 minutes of fame.

January 5, 2007 05:30 PM
Amy said:

Reckon you should acquire a copy of said video footage to upload to your site Ryan so that us Londoners can enjoy. Taunting us with details of something we can't watch is just cruel ;)

January 7, 2007 06:33 PM
Jill said:

I think my mother is your biggest fan. She called to tell me it was on, but I wasn't home. You should give me a call too when you're back in Sudbury. ;)

January 8, 2007 04:00 PM
Kymm said:

Good luck with heading back to Asia!!! Wish i was joining you in the rest of your journey... Wish I had seen your 5 minutes of fame...

January 9, 2007 05:15 PM