« No Bagpipes | Main | Missing Luggage and Mega Yachts »

June 8, 2006 03:55 PM

Tahiti - Paradise Turned Prison

IMG_1029[1]PAPEETE, TAHITI - It's been more than 6 weeks since I've accessed the internet. A lot has happended since, including another 41 days at sea and a solid week in the remote, but profoundly beautiful Marquesan Island of Hiva Oa.

As of yesterday, our situation has changed dramatically with the discovery that our Captain and his boat will be stopping here, at least for the forseeable future due to personal reasons of his own.

This of course means that both Brian and I are now officialy stranded smack dab in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. With air transport not an option this may prove to be our biggest obstacle yet. Top priority now is to find a new boat to get ourselves off this pardise turned prision ASAP as our bank accounts and credit cards have already started melting from too much use. Tahiti it not a cheap place to be. (ie. this internet connection is costing more than $13 USD per hour, back in the glory days of Central America I could sometimes get by on $13 USD per day.)

* I'll read email and upload photos at a later date, for now the clock is ticking... tick, $, tock, $.

Comments

Jonathan said:

I sent my first donation. Sounds like you could use an extra ten bucks. The postcard better be from the soul (well, the postcard can be from the store, but the writing better be from the soul.

Glad to hear I don't have to write your eulogy.

June 8, 2006 04:23 PM
Pamela said:

Whoa, please post more pics like the 'stached one above. More pics, less chatty...

June 9, 2006 08:42 AM
Will Paul said:

The situation seems dismal for you boys but on the bright side both of you are sporting possibly the best staches (soup strainers, flavour savers, cookie dusters) I have ever seen. Family, friends and I wish you both the best of luck. Safe travels. Peace

June 9, 2006 03:10 PM
Carolina said:

My darling boys - I've sent my first donation too! May it help pay for the important things in life... internet time, booze, postcards etc.

And as for the 'taches, they're amazing. But is that the current trend in Tahitian facial hair? Or are you giving the locals something to strive towards?

Loads of love and Go England! x

June 10, 2006 01:06 PM
Daddy Benjamin said:

Thank you for looking after my daughter while she was away!

June 10, 2006 01:37 PM
Shannon O'Neill said:

You guys looks like pirates....arrrrrr! Your Captain sounds like Captain Ron, haha. Hope all is well and Cam and I are sending a donation your way to help :)

Take care Bri!!!