« Rio Dulce - Sweet River | Main | Bueno Vista Social Club »

December 15, 2005 11:51 AM

Tapado (Sea Food Soup)

Tapado Soup

From Rio Dulce we hired a boat to take us down the river and into the Carribbean town of Livingston where the pace of living slows to a crawl. I spent most of my time cultivating my love for food. Pictured is a Garifuna dish that combines fish, shrimp, crab, banana and coconut milk. mmmmm... tapado...

Comments

Andrew McLean said:

Man that dish looks good. It would be even better if they would have, you know, actually knocked the fins off the fish before they cooked it up.

December 15, 2005 12:23 PM
Ray Beck said:

Hey Ryan,

Mike B says that looks gross..but I am with Andrew on this one.

C ya later,

ray

December 15, 2005 01:40 PM
The Pescatarian said:

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm...
I'm salivating.

December 15, 2005 02:21 PM
Don said:

That actually doesn't look half bad... And since I haven't eaten all day, sure could go for a bowl right about now.

December 15, 2005 04:31 PM
Gia said:

Hey Ryno,
That indeed looks good...I especially like the fine English china that is placed so intricately next to your bowl of what looks like goulash....Weren't you guys budget travellers? Awesome!!

Miss you lots Ry...ttys

Gia

December 15, 2005 08:20 PM
Erin said:

Wow,

That actually looks like the most disgusting dish of food I have ever seen. It looks like the chef ran down to the ocean with a bowl and scooped stuff up and served it to you guys. I'm glad that I will be enjoying a wonderful Turkey dinner compliments of my mother for Christmas dinner...and not an "organic" bowl of seafood. Take care, I miss you B!

-Er

December 15, 2005 08:25 PM

For the record the dish cost us 50 Quetzales... roughly $7 CDN according to my math. About twice the cost of a nights accomodation.

Every once in a while you have to splash out. I would respect myself in the morning if I'd left Livingstone without trying their most famous dish.

If you like seafood, you love Tapado

December 16, 2005 10:28 AM
Samantha said:

Hey you guys..
That soup looks nasty!
Ha I am the girl you met on the bus
with my neice..
When we wrecked
I just wanted to say thank you guys
for everything you did
You guys really have..Made me stronger
And I swear..I would have never been able
to make it, if I hadnt met you two *Ryan and Brian*
You guys are the greatest!

Email me back k?